Sessions » Vis Overview & Topics
IEEE Vis 2008 is the premier forum for visualization advances in science and engineering for academia, government, and industry. This event brings together researchers and practitioners with a shared interest in techniques, tools, and technology. We invite you to participate by submitting your original research and joining us in beautiful Columbus, Ohio, October 19 - 24, 2008.
We extend a special invitation to exhibitors in the field. VisWeek brings together researchers and practitioners with a shared interest in techniques, tools, and technology.
Co-located with VIS 2008, are the highly successful conference
- IEEE InfoVIS 2008: IEEE Conference on Information Visualization.
- IEEE VAST 2008: IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology.
The combined conference and symposium with IEEE Vis 2008 make IEEE VisWeek in Columbus the place to be to participate in this rapidly expanding field.
We solicit papers in the traditional core of the visualization area. Topics of interest include, but are not restricted to:
- Distributed and Collaborative Visualization
- Flow Visualization
- Information Visualization
- Isosurfaces and Surface extraction
- Large Data Visualization
- Multi-Resolution Techniques
- Multimodal Visualization
- Novel Mathematics for Visualization
- Parallel Visualization and Graphics Clusters
- Point-Based Visualization
- Security and Network Intrusion Visualization
- Software Visualization
- Terrain Visualization
- Time Critical Visualization
- Time-Varying Data
- Uncertainty Visualization
- Unstructured Grids
- Usability and Human Factors in Visualization
- Vector/Tensor Visualization
- Virtual Environments
- Visual Knowledge Discovery
- Visualization Systems
- Visualization in Earth, Space, and Environmental Sciences
- Visualization in Physical Sciences, Life Sciences and Engineering
- Visualization in Social and Information Sciences
- Visualization over Networks, Grids, and the Internet
- Volume Visualization