The following workshops have been announced for VisWeek 2009:
- VizSec: Visualization for Computer Security
- Collaborative Visualization on Interactive Surfaces (CoVIS)
- Putting Visualization on the Web
- Video Analytics
- REVISE: Refactoring Visualization from Experience
Submissions are solicited for workshops related to all areas of visualization including information visualization and visual analytics. The workshops will provide an informal setting for participants to discuss advanced technical topics in visualization, involve experts in the field, allow for dissemination of work in progress, and promote new ideas. Workshops should be designed to complement, not compete with, the mission of IEEE VisWeek.
- emphasize emerging ideas, concepts, or technologies that are currently too nascent or too interdisciplinary for a full symposium, or
- bring together experts on a subject to create a report, white-paper,
A distinction that separates workshops from tutorials and/or symposia is that the information flow for a workshop should not be directed solely from the presenters to the audience, but should engage the participation of all attendees in the development of particular ideas or issues.
Papers submitted and presented as part of this workshop will not be published in the proceedings of the conference. If you wish to have your materials considered for printed publication, please submit the paper to the main conference or the related symposia.
Proposals should include:
- contact details of the organizers
- brief description of organizers' background, related publications and research
- goals, technical scope, the mission, or proposed focus
- planned activities
- length (full or half day)
- statement of the organization and development of the list of participants (intended size, selection procedure)
- organization of facilities (room setup as a round table, lecture theater, or in a panel format)
- intended result
- impact of the workshop results.
|Deadline||Tuesday, March 31, 2009|
Lyn Bartram (InfoVis), Simon Fraser University
Lars Linsen (Vis), Jacobs University